- The applicant must submit an application through the Law School Admission Council.
The applicant must submit an official transcript and a letter of standing to the Admissions Office (supplied by your current or previous law school).
Florida Coastal School of Law
8787 Baypine Road
Jacksonville, FL 32256
- The Admissions Office will review the application materials. The application materials will then be routed to the Academic Dean for approval.
- The Academic Dean will review the official transcript to determine which credits will be accepted as transfer in credits.
- The Academic Dean will notify the applicant of the accepted transfer credits and advise the applicant of any required courses that will require completion.
- The Academic Dean will then forward the application materials to the Registrar for recording of the transfer credits on the official transcript and to assist with course scheduling.
A candidate who has transferred from another law school must successfully complete at least forty-five (45) credit hours at Florida Coastal, attain a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or better for at least ninety (90) credit hours, complete all required courses or their substantial equivalent, satisfy the advanced writing requirement and eight (8) credit hours of clinic/skills requirement, and satisfy all other degree requirements.
Credits for courses completed at another approved law school are evaluated by an academic dean on an individual basis. Only courses completed with a grade of “C” or better are transferable. All credits must have been obtained within two academic years prior to matriculation.
Florida Coastal School of Law has an established articulation agreement with Jacksonville University.