A Contact Specialist for the government develops and awards a full range of contacts for goods and services used by the government. Duties of a contract specialist may include:
- Plan solicitations for supplies and services and analyze contract proposals.
- Negotiate and evaluate contact terms.
- Award contracts and perform detailed administrative functions.
- Ensure compliance with contract terms and conditions during term of contract.
- Terminate contracts when necessary and perform contract closeouts.
- Formulate contracting strategies and advise on contracting actions.
- Meet with employees at all levels on all types of procurement issues and concerns.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of clients’ procurement requirements and serve as subject matter expert on the clients’ professional fields.