- Healthcare Regulatory Policy Coordinator
- Records Administrator for the District Attorney
- Contract Analyst
- Claims Attorney (in-house)
- Healthcare Staff Attorney (in-house)
- Law-Related Education Coordinator
- Legal Services Director
- Personal Injury Client Manager
- Foreclosure Mediations Specialist
Interested in being involved in federal politics? Log onto your Symplicity account to get more information about a Law Clerk internship with a U.S. Senate Committee. The position offers law students the opportunity to gain substantive experience while participating in the legislative process.
The Law Clerk will assist the Committee staff in conducting document review, policy and legal research, drafting memoranda, contributing to reports and preparing for hearings.
This position is open to current law students and recent graduates. The position is located in Washington, D.C., and applicants should be available full-time.
The Spring Conference is a vibrant forum appealing to a broad range of interests with two full days of concurrent panel presentations, a poster presentation session and reception and ample opportunities for information sharing and networking.
Registration is currently open and there are special law student rates. Click here to register.
- Litigation Case Manager: Litigation Case Manager supports our litigation team of four attorneys with heavy document drafting, conducting discovery, and interacting with clients.
- Lease Administrator: Lease Administrator will negotiate and prepare commercial real estate leases and other legal documents, oversee litigation and defaults/evictions. Responsibilities include responding to discovery requests, follow-up on landlord/tenant issues, maintenance of litigation logs, and maintaining contact with outside counsel. Manages negotiations directly with tenants and their attorneys and administers the lease production process.
- Associate Professor: Professor will teach paralegal courses in ABA approved Paralegal Studies program, coordinate internships and serve as adviser for the Paralegal Student Association.
Log onto your Symplicity Account to get more information and to apply to any of these positions!
Click here (http://careers.state.gov/specialist/vacancy-announcements/gso) for more information, and to start the Gateway to State online application process via USAJobs.
Please note that the deadline to submit completed applications is January 24, 2012.
A mediator is a neutral individual who facilitates the resolution of a legal issue between parties. A mediator is not a judge or an arbitrator and does not decide which party is “right.” Rather, a mediator assists parties in arriving at a compromise to find a win-win resolution to their disagreement.
Mediators can work in a variety of settings including community mediation centers, court-appointed programs, government programs, or a private office. Mediators can specialize in a practice area (such a family law or mortgage foreclosures), or mediators can have a more general practice (such as commercial litigation).
If you are interested in a career in mediation, these are some helpful websites to visit: National Association for Community Mediators (www.nafcm.org); National Center for State Courts (www.ncsoline.org); Florida State Courts Alternative Dispute Resolution (http://www.flcourts.org/gen_public/adr/index.shtml).
If you would like an in-house counsel position, it is important to understand what General Counsels are looking for in a new hire. Some of the skills and qualities that General Counsels are seeking include:
- Someone who can understand the company’s goals and objectives and can analyze legal risks in light of those goals and objectives.
- Someone who works well on a team and can collaborate with others.
- Someone who has a desire to grow and can learn new things quickly.
- Relevant experience in the company’s industry.
- Some in-house legal departments prefer attorneys with a broad skill set, while other in-house legal departments look for attorneys with niche practice areas.
There is a NEW alternative legal job posting on Symplicity. The posting is for a Public Records Request Process Coordinator in Jacksonville. This position coordinates Public Records Requests, which includes receiving all Public Records requests and determining whether it is appropriate to provide the requested information. The position requires legal interpretations, and sound judgment and discretion in handling sensitive and protected information. This position also coordinates Contract Management activities, including coordinating with line management when vendors are not performing in accordance with contract specifications and when contract termination may be appropriate. The deadline for applying to this position is September 25th – so apply quickly!
- Associate Organizing Representative with Sierra Club – responsible for recruiting and motivating people to build grassroots power around Sierra Club water quality initiatives and other conservation goals.
- Volunteer Coordinator with Women’s Breast Health Initiative – responsible for establishing new relationships and maintaining existing relations to fill all volunteer needs.
- Program Coordinator for The Posse Foundation – responsible for organizing and managing programs for foundation focusing on youth leadership development and college access.
If so, check out www.idealist.org.