The health care debate has been heard by the Supreme Court. But what was argued and why? What are the potential effects to your health care? Join us as we host local experts who will debate the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) at a health care symposium.
- What: Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act panel debate
- When: Tuesday, April 17th from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Florida Coastal School of Law, Room 550
- Hugh Greene, CEO of Baptist Health, will serve as the policy expert
- Joe Jacquot, former chief of staff to Bill McCollum, 2007-2011 Florida Attorney General
- Professor Darren R. Latham, Florida Coastal School of Law
This event is sponsored by Impact Jax, the Jacksonville Bar Association, and Florida Coastal School of Law.
The North Florida Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel has invited interested students to attend a CLE event TOMORROW (March 14th). The CLE focuses on labor and employment issues commonly encountered by in-house counsel. There will be a Social and Cocktail Reception after the CLE, which is a great time to network!
Interested students must contact Jennifer Turney in Career Services to find out additional details about the event (such as time and location) and to RSVP. If you do not contact me, you cannot attend!
Alberto Ruisanchez with the US Department of Justice will be talking to students at Florida Coastal about employment with the federal government, on Thursday, February 23 from 12 -1 in Roonm 510. Mr. Ruisanchez’ discussion will focus on:
- Debunking myths associated with federal government employment (including myths associated with the location of federal government jobs and the undergraduate majors needed for federal government service)
- Identifying resources available to assist people interested in working for the federal government
- Identifying Department of Justice internships available for those interested in civil rights work
- His work as a civil rights lawyer at the Department of Justice
Pizza and drinks will be served. If you plan to attend, RSVP using Symplicity.
Just when you thought you couldn’t bear any more negative news about the state of the legal job market, the U.S. Labor Department issued some positive news! According the Labor Department, about 1,000 new legal jobs were added in January. Could this indicate that 2012 will be the year that the legal industry will start stabilizing? We all certainly hope so!
The Association of Corporate Counsel (“ACC”) is an organization serving the professional and business interests of attorneys who practice in the legal departments of corporations, associations, and other private-sector organizations.
Go to the ACC’s website (click here) to find the latest news affecting in-house counsel and to find job postings for in-house counsel positions (click here).