Note – You will be able to access your course(s) in MyCourses within Desire2Learn (D2L) during Orientation Week.
1. Open the Internet Explorer browser and go to the website mycourses.fcsl.edu.
2. You will be asked for your login and password. Your username and password will be emailed to you prior to the start of orientation week.
3. D2L will open on the My Home page of D2L. There you will see a MyCourses section where the courses you are enrolled in are listed. You should see three classes – Orientation, Introduction to Fourth Amendment, and Negotiable instruments, although the non-orientation classes typically are not available until the Friday of orientation week.
4. Click on the link for the appropriate course you want to access. This will take you to the homepage of the class.
5. On the homepage you will see a link at the top right labeled Online Rooms.
6. When you click on the Online Rooms link, you will see a list of rooms. You will see a link for the available room. Note: links become active 15 minutes prior to the scheduled session.
7. You will now see a pop-up window for the Java setup. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. LIVE CLASSROOM WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT IT! This step should be completed at least a week before your course begins, to ensure that you will have access to your Online Rooms chats on the scheduled dates. If you are having trouble, with MyCourses or Online Rooms, email email@example.com.
8. You may have to disable your pop-up blocker if you have one installed/enabled. To do this in Internet Explorer click on Tools, then Pop-up Blocker, select ‘disable Pop-up Blocker’. Note: You may have other toolbars installed, i.e. Yahoo, Google, etc. You will need to disable these pop-up blockers as well.
9. If you need to download Java, you may do so at www.java.com/en/download/windows_ie.jsp
10. If you need to download QuickTime, you may do so at http://www.apple.com/quicktime/win.html
11. Once the Java setup is completed you will be automatically logged into the selected classroom.