Thank you for attending your 1L Career Services Department Orientation. This is a very busy time for you, as you approach finals. We know that you can sometimes feel overwhelmed. We just want to take a few minutes and remind you of a few key events coming up.
- Orientation – If you have not completed the mandatory CSD Orientation, please contact Tara Block (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a make-up immediately.
- Symplicity – Symplicity is now available for limited use by all students. Until you complete your CSD Curriculum, you can access Symplicity to edit your profile, record pro bono hours (or other legal work experience) and sign up for events. To access Symplicity, go to https://law-fcsl-csm.symplicity.com/students. Log in using your complete c number e-mail address and the password you use to access your school e-mail. If you have any problems, contact Abby Lee (email@example.com).
- Starting Line – The Starting Line is scheduled for Thursday, November 17th from 5:00 pm until 7:30 pm. For more information including what to wear, who will be there and what questions to ask, please visit www.fcsl.edu/startingline. You can RSVP for the Starting Line on Symplicity under the “events” tab.
- Career Handbook – Make sure that you picked up a Career Handbook. We have had some reports that a few pages were left out of a few books. While we hope this is an isolated problem, please check your book and make sure that all of the pages are accounted for. If you find that your book is incomplete, please contact Tara Block (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- CSD Curriculum – The approximate 3.5 hour CSD Curriculum is currently available on Desire2Learn (https://mycourses.fcsl.edu/). Once you log in using your Florida Coastal username and password, click on the 1L CSD Curriculum 11-12 course. Then click on the Content tab at the top left corner to view the videos and quizzes. If you have trouble logging in contact email@example.com. If you have questions regarding content, please e-mail Abby Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Appointments – Beginning next week, if you have completed the Orientation, you will be able to schedule an appointment with a counselor in our office through Symplicity. Although our office encourages you to wait to meet with us until after exams are over, you can now beginning making appointments if you would like to.
We want to wish you Good Luck with finals! We look forward to working with each of you in the future. If you have any other questions, please contact our office at email@example.com or (904) 680-7744.