The National Black Prosecutors Association Annual Job Fair will be held on Tuesday, July 31, 2012 in New Orleans, LA. The goal of the Job Fair is to promote diversity in prosecutor’s offices by providing a forum where law students, recent law graduates, and experienced attorneys from across the country can meet and interview with prospective prosecutorial employers at the local, state, and federal levels. The Job Fair is open to all minorities.
The early registration fee for the Job Fair is $25 for law students and 2012 law school graduates, and $50 for experienced attorneys. After June 8th the Job Fair registration fee increases to $50 for law students and 2012 law school graduates, and $75 for experienced attorneys.
Past Job Fairs have included some of the following prosecutors offices:
- Attorney General’s Office for D.C.
- Baltimore City State Attorney’s Office (MD)
- Bronx County DA (NY)
- New York City Law Department (NY)
- New York County DA (NY)
- Cobb County Georgia DA (GA)
- San Francisco DA (CA)
- Orleans Parish DA (LA)
- Harris County DA (TX)
- FBI: Office of General Counsel and Special Agent
- US Air Force JAG
- U.S. Arm JAG
- U.S. Navy JAG
- U.S. Marine Corps Recruiting Command
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- U.S. Attorney’s Offices (multiple states)
- Florida Office of State Attorney (multiple circuits)
For more information, including a Registration Form and a full list of past participating employers, stop by the Career Service Office or the Career Service bulletin board.