Would you like to connect with public interest employers from all across the country and meet fellow, public interest-minded students, graduates and practitioners in the field? Then the Equal Justice Works annual Conference and Career Fair is the event for you. With more than 115 public interest employers, 1,200 public interest law students and workshops to help you start down the path to your public interest career, you won’t want to miss it.
|April 23 – September 5||Employer registration and job posting|
|August 13 – September 12||Student and recent graduate registration and application|
|September 13 – October 11||Student and recent graduate registration (for those not applying or seeking an interview)|
|September 19 – October 3||Employer application review and interview selection|
|September 19 – October 8||Student and recent graduate accept/decline interview invitations|
|October 4||Last day to reserve a hotel room  at our discounted rate|
|October 11||Last day for student and recent graduate refund requests|
|October 25 – 26||Equal Justice Works 2013 Conference and Career Fair|
Registration fee: $25 per student/recent graduate
Those attending the Equal Justice Works 2013 Conference and Career, sponsored by Georgetown University Law Center and Stanford Law School, must register online even if you are just attending for a conference session or Table Talk.
If you decide not to attend, you have until 5 p.m. EST October 11 to cancel your registration and receive a full refund. Cancellations after 5 p.m. EST October 11 will not be refunded.
A list of employers registered so far for the 2013 Conference and Career Fair can be found here.
To view available positions before you register, log in using username EJWguest and password guest. Click Job Search under Jobs & Internships in the top menu bar to view a list of active positions. Note: Employers may register and post jobs until September 5, so keep checking back as positions are added.
Note: Due to NALP guidelines, 1L students are not eligible to interview with employers during the Equal Justice Works Career Fair. However, 1L students may informally talk to employers during “Table Talk” on Friday and Saturday.
The 25th Annual North American Entertainment, Sports, and Intellectual Property Law Conference will take place November 6-10, 2013 in Montego Bay, Jamaica. The Akerman Senterfitt Student Scholarship provides a partial scholarship to three (3) law students attending the Conference in an amount of not less than $1000 per recipient. The scholarship funds awarded to each student will be deducted from Conference travel expenses.
Attached, please find the 2013 Scholarship Application, a tentative conference agenda, and the travel package information/registration form for this conference. This is a fantastic networking and educational opportunity for law students who would like to practice in the areas of Entertainment, Intellectual Property, or Sports Law. The scholarship application deadline is September 5, 2013.
Compliance is a hot area for those interested in nontraditional legal careers. In fact, many employers are actively recruiting attorneys and JD’s for compliance roles. Check out this recent New York Law Journal article reporting on the growth of compliance positions in the legal industry.
If you are interested in learning more about compliance and networking with professionals in the field, please RSVP for the upcoming meeting of the Northeast Florida Compliance & Ethics Group. The Group will be hosting two veteran third-party risk experts – Jeff Weiss, NAVEX GLOBAL Director of Strategic Accounts, and Bill Hauserman, NAVEX GLOBAL Third-Party Risk Management Solutions. The presentation, “Ignorance is Not Bliss: What You Don’t Know about Third-Parties and Agents Can Hurt You!” will address an emerging trend of third party risk across the supply chain, legal and ethics, and compliance fields
The meeting will be held on September 5th from 3:30pm – 5:00pm at Brooks Hospital located at 3599 University Blvd. South, Jacksonville, Florida 32216 (Please park in Main Lot A, enter the Hospital Main Lobby at the Southeast corner of Beach Blvd. and University Blvd. South, and the receptionist will direct you to Assembly Room 2).
If you plan to attend, you must RSVP to Andrea Fourman (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5pm on Thursday, August 22nd!
For more information and to register for this free training, visit: www.law.miami.edu/humanrightstraining. If you have already registered, you need not register again; however please note that the guest speaker list has been updated to include Cathy Albisa, Director, National Economic and Social Rights Initiative.
As the summer rolls on, there are a few remaining alumni chapter events to look forward to. All students are welcome to attend these events, which are great networking opportunities in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Wednesday, July 17 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.: Jacksonville Alumni Chapter social at Aardwolf Brewery in San Marco. RSVP online. Join the Jacksonville Alumni Chapter Facebook group.
- Wednesday, July 17 from 6-8 p.m.: Tampa Alumni Chapter Summer Send Off at Brio. RSVP online. Join the Tampa Bay Alumni Chapter Facebook group.
- Saturday, July 20 from 4-6 p.m.: Atlanta Alumni Chapter Summer Send Off at 5 Seasons Brewing Company in Sandy Springs. RSVP online. Join the Atlanta Alumni Chapter Facebook group.
- Tuesday, July 23 from 5-7 p.m.: Pensacola Alumni Chapter Summer Send Off at Jaco’s. RSVP online. Join the Pensacola Alumni Chapter Facebook group.
- Wednesday, July 24 from 6-8 p.m.: Tallahassee Alumni Chapter Summer Send Off at Level 8 Lounge at Hotel Duval. RSVP online. Join the Tallahassee Alumni Chapter Facebook group.
The Alumni Chapters will be hosting summer events for alumni, current students and admitted students heading to Coastal in the Fall. Follow the hyperlink on each city’s name for more information including a link to the Facebook event and the opportunity to RSVP. You may also RSVP by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Tuesday, June 11 at 5:30-7:30 p.m.: Charlotte Alumni Chapter Summer Send Off at the Icehouse.
- Thursday, June 20 at 6:00-8:00 p.m.: Orlando Alumni Chapter Summer Send Off at TAPS.
- Wednesday, July 17 at 6:00-8:00 p.m.: Tampa Alumni Chapter Summer Send Off at Brio.
- Saturday, July 20 at 4:00-6:00 p.m.: Atlanta Alumni Chapter Summer Send Off at 5 Seasons Brewing Company in Sandy Springs.
- Wednesday, July 24 at 6:00-8:00 p.m.: Tallahassee Alumni Chapter Summer Send Off at Level 8 Lounge at Hotel Duval.
- Tuesday, July 27 at 5:00-7:00 p.m.: Pensacola Alumni Chapter Summer Send Off at Jaco’s Bayfront Bar & Grill.
Hope to see you there!