COASTAL UPDATES IN REGULATORTY AFFAIRS AND BUSINESS LAW
This blog provides regulatory updates, including statutory amendments and regulations that implement statutes affecting business entities, and the law firms and accounting firms that represent them. Included as well are updates and interpretations relevant to the business of sports at both the collegiate and professional levels.
Cases of precedential value are also reported. The topics are noted below as they specifically relate to corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and entities in the sports industry.
- Florida statutory amendments and implementing rules and regulations that govern business entities (e.g. Florida Limited Liability Company Act, which is now Florida’s most popular business entity type).
- Federal income tax, state and local tax amendments and related regulations.
- Florida cases of precedential value and new filings of significance.
- Federal and state statutory amendments and regulations related to intellectual property rights.
- NCAA proposals, new or amended rules and regulations.
- Collective Bargaining Agreement proposals and amendments for major professional sports.