The Women’s Initiatives for Gender Justice
The Hague, the Netherlands
Closing date: spring internship – March 16, 2012 & summer internship – March 30, 2012.
The Women’s Initiatives for Gender Justice is seeking law or graduate students with a strong background in international law and strong legal research skills, and a good knowledge of the International Criminal Court (ICC), for Spring and Summer 2012 legal internships. The internship requires fluency in written and spoken English; additional French language skills are strongly preferred. The legal internship is full-time; however, for exceptional candidates based in the Netherlands, part-time internships may also be a possibility.
Legal interns will make an essential contribution to the work of the Legal Team.
Tasks may include:
- monitoring, summarising, and analysing filings, decisions, and proceedings of the ICC;
- research projects on the work of the Court and issues of gender and international criminal law;
- contributions to our events and program work; English/French translations; and
- some administrative work.
The legal internship will provide an excellent opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge about the work of the Women’s Initiatives for Gender Justice and the work of the ICC.
This is an unpaid internship based in our Hague office.
In order to apply for the Legal Intern position, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly indicating in the subject line whether you are applying for the Spring or Summer internship:
- Curriculum vitae
- Dates of availability. The Spring Legal Internship period is from April through June 2012; the Summer Legal Internship period is from mid-May through mid-August 2012.
- Details of self-funding
- One A4-page (about 500 words) explaining why you are interested in interning or volunteering with us. Please include in this letter your connection to gender and women’s rights issues as well as a description of your expertise and how that may be of benefit to us. Please include any other information you think might be of relevance to us, e.g., overseas experience, proficiency in languages other than English and French, experience in working for an NGO, etc.
- Contact information for two references, including one employer; those selected for interviews will be asked to provide letters of reference.
Before sending your application, please review the information on our website (www.iccwomen.org) carefully.
Application deadlines (Please note different deadlines for Spring/Summer):
- Spring internships: The deadline for applications for Spring internships is 16 March 2012.
- Summer internships: The deadline for applications for Summer internships is 30 March 2012.
After 30 March 2012, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis for later internships.
Only short-listed individuals will be invited for an interview. No phone calls, please.