- Dates for Job Fair: July 27, 2012-July 28, 2012
- Location: Marietta, Georgia
- Website: http://www.semjf.org/
The Southeastern Minority Job Fair (SEMJF) provides legal employers throughout the United States an opportunity to interview second and third year law students, as well as recent graduates, from 50+ ABA-approved law schools located in the following 14 states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia. In past years, approximately 140 employers have interviewed over 900 students during the two day job fair.
Indianapolis Bar Association Diversity Job Fair:
- Dates for Job Fair: July 26, 2012-July 27, 2012
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Website: http://www.ibadiversityjobfair.org/
Job fair is open to 2L students graduating in 2013 who represent all aspects of diversity and are looking for a one of a kind legal community in a Midwestern city. Last year more than 20 employers participated. There is no fee for students to register for the fair. Three $2500 scholarships will be awarded to participating students. Registration opens April 1, 2012 and runs through June 18, 2012.
The National Black Prosecutors Association Conference & Job Fair:
- Dates for Conference: July 29, 2012-August 4, 2012
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Website: http://www.blackprosecutors.org/annualconference.html
Job fair will be held on Tuesday, July 31, 2012. There is a nominal registration fee required for participation. Registration is available online with a credit card.
The Boston Lawyers Group Boston and Washington Job Fairs for
Law Students of Color:
- Dates for Job Fair: July 31, 2012-August 1, 2012
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Website: http://www.thebostonlawyersgroup.com/events/
The Boston Job fair will take place on Thursday, August 1, 2012. Rising second year law students are encouraged to participate. In addition to the job fair, the BLG will host networking receptions for selected students. Registration begins April 1, 2012. Registration deadline is July 6, 2012.
The Delaware Minority Job Fair for 2Ls and 3Ls:
- Date for Job Fair: August 11, 2012
- Location: Wilmington, Delaware
- Website: https://law-dmpd-csm.symplicity.com/students
The Job Fair is open to all second and third-year law students seeking positions in Delaware for the summer of 2013 and fall of 2014. The job fair is by invitation only and if you are invited, expenses are paid. Students submit an application to all attending employers and if selected by two, they are invited. For more information contact Job Fair Administrator at email@example.com. Registration deadline is May 18, 2012.
IMPACT Legal Recruitment Program for Students with Disabilities:
- Date for Job Fair: Friday, August 3, 2012
- Location: Washington D.C. / Arlington
- Website: http://www.law.arizona.edu/Career/Impact/welcome.cfm
Job fair will take place in Washington, D.C. on August 3, 2012. Registration deadline July 8, 2012. Open to rising 2Ls, 3Ls, and graduates with disabilities.
Heartland Diversity Legal Job Fair:
- Dates for Job Fair: August 3, 2012-August 4, 2012
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Website: http://www.heartlanddiversity.org/
The 2012 Heartland Diversity Legal Job Fair will take place at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in downtown Kansas City. Last year, Kansas City played host to nearly 100 students from over 40 Law Schools from across the nation who had the opportunity to interview with 15 area law firms, organizations and government agencies.
Lavender Law Conference & Career Fair:
- Dates for Conference: August 23, 2012 – August 25, 2012
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Website: http://www.lgbtbar.org/annual/
Hispanic National Bar Association Convention & Career Fair:
- Dates for Conference: August 22, 2012-August 25, 2012
- Location: Seattle, Washington
The career fair will be held in Seattle, Washington on August 24, 2012. Open to rising 2Ls, 3Ls and LL.M. students. Registration deadline TBA.
Bay Area Diversity Career Fair:
Date for Job Fair: July 28, 2012
Location: San Francisco, California
Job fair held in San Francisco in early August, open to rising 2L students. Registration deadline June 15, 2012.
Northwest Minority Job Fair:
Date for Job Fair: August 25, 2012
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Fair participants are also encouraged to attend the Fair luncheon held at 12:00 pm, featuring a local guest speaker. Applications deadline July 31, 2012. Please see website for more information.
Rocky Mountain Diversity Career Fair:
Date for Job Fair: September 14, 2012
Location: Denver, Colorado
Career fair aims to assist employers in fulfilling their commitments to diversity and expand opportunities for law students and law graduates traditionally under-represented in the practice of law in the Rocky Mountain region including law students and graduates who are ethnic or racial minorities, disabled, and/or gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender. Job fair takes place at Invesco Field in Denver, Colorado. Interested applicants can begin applying April 1, 2012 and the deadline is July 14, 2012.
Tri-State Diversity Recruitment Program:
Open to rising 2Ls and 3Ls interested in interviewing with law firms and corporations in the Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana region. Registration deadline TBA.
Vault/MCCA Legal Diversity Career Fair:
Fair is open to 2L, 3L and lateral candidates. Both Washington D.C. & Los Angeles fairs will take place in July. Registration for each fair is separate. Apply online. No registration deadline is indicated, application deadline TBA if interested.