The Cooley LLP Diversity Fellowship
Application Deadline extended to June 15, 2012.
As part of Cooley LLP’s ongoing commitment to diversity, we are proud to offer Diversity Fellowships to outstanding law students. First-year law students who demonstrate a commitment to promoting diversity in their communities are invited to apply for the fellowships. Award recipients will receive a paid Summer Associate position and an award of up to $15,000 to assist with law school tuition. Award recipients will be announced in Fall 2012 with the Summer Associate position to start following the successful completion of the recipient’s 2L year.
The eligibility, selection criteria and application process for the program are as follows:
We welcome applications from all law students who meet these eligibility criteria:
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity in the community
- Enrolled full-time in an ABA accredited law school with an anticipated graduation date of 2014 at the time of application
- Not the recipient of a diversity award from another law firm paid between September 1, 2012 and August 31, 2013
- Ability to participate in and complete Cooley’s 2013 Summer Associate Program
Recipients will be selected based on consideration of the following factors:
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity
- Undergraduate and law school academic performance
- Personal achievement
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Community service
Applications must include:
- Completed application form
- Personal statement, no more than one single-spaced page, describing the applicant’s demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity
- Current resume
- Law school transcript
- Undergraduate transcript
- Other graduate program transcript(s)
- A writing sample is optional
Please note that all of the above information must be completed and attached before the application can be submitted.
For 1L students in the 2011-2012 academic year applications must be received by June 15, 2012. We will contact selected applicants to arrange personal interviews. Recipients of the Diversity Fellowship awards will be announced in Fall 2012.
Please direct any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Click here for the Diversity Fellowship Application