2013 Diversity Symposium
“Diverse Approaches to Legal Business Development”
- January 9, 2013 (Following the JBA Members Luncheon)
- 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- 1:30 Opening Remarks: Latasha Fullwood, Esq., Chair of The JBA Diversity Committee
- 1:35 Marketing to Diverse Audiences – Ken Matejka, Esq., California attorney, President of an online marketing company for lawyers
- 2:20 “Rooney Rule” – Sashi Brown, General Counsel of The Jacksonville Jaguars
- 2:45 Break (10 minutes)
- 2:55 Interactive Workshop on Cultural Competency – Cal Jackson, Diversity Practitioner
- 3:20 Diversity in the Workplace – Juan M. Diaz
- 3:45 Panel Discussion: Moderator: Michael R. Freed, Esq., Past President of the Jacksonville Bar Association. The panel also will discuss ethical and practical challenges to embracing diversity and how to respond to challenges to diversity. Panelists: Carol Corbin Walker, Esq., President of National Conference of Bar Presidents; Alicia Edwards, Dean of Multicultural Affairs, Florida Coastal School of Law; Susan Hamilton, Esq., Former VP of Diversity and Inclusion, CSX and Jim Kowalski, Esq., Executive Director of Jacksonville Area Legal Aid, Inc.
3.5 General CLER Hours Applied for with The Florida Bar
Groups of 3 or more will receive a $20 discount per attendee. Please contact Carla Ortiz at (904)527-7179 or firstname.lastname@example.org to process your group registration.
Registration Deadline: Monday, January 7, 2013