Did you miss the free NALP Summer Success: Getting the Most from Your Summer Public Interest Experience webinar? If so, the webinar recording should be available in the next week or so on the NALP website. In the meantime, here are a few highlights:
- Act as though your summer position is an extended interview.
- Be realistic about your expectations for feedback (don’t expect to get comments and notes on every single assignment).
- Make your supervisor your mentor.
- Be indispensable and take advantage of all learning opportunities (some organizations take note of attendance and non-attendance).
- Keep track of your summer work product.