The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”) Legal Honors Program is accepting applications! HUD’s Office of General Counsel is responsible for providing legal services that support and facilitate HUD’s mission of creating strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable housing.
In order to apply, students must:
- Be a third-year law student who will receive a J.D. on or before June 30, 2012; OR be a judicial law clerk; AND
- Be able to assume the position on or before September 30, 2013; AND
- Be able to communicate effectively; AND
- Not be admitted to any State or territories of the U.S.; AND
- Meet one of the following: Have at least a B average; or, be in the top 50% of the class; or, have relevant work experience; or, have special training; or, have engaged in significant extracurricular activities (law review, moot court, clinical program).
The application deadline is September 28, 2012. To learn more about HUD’s mission, the Legal Honors Program, and the application process, stop by the Career Service Office and pick up a HUD Legal Honors Program Handbook, or log onto HUD’s Office of General Counsel website.