Of course, the library hours will change, so be sure to check before coming in.
If you have any tips on things to do in Jacksonville and surrounding areas, feel free to send them to me to be included in future posts.
All weekend –
- Local Bluegrass band Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is playing Friday night at Fly’s Tie Irish Pub in Atlantic Beach at 10 pm. They’ll also play Saturday with Fusebox Funk at Mojo Kitchen in Jacksonville Beach at 10 pm.
- With headliners Erykah Badu and Doug E. Fresh (I think I just dated myself), Funk Fest looks to be an exciting place to be this weekend! Tickets are $65 for both Friday and Saturday, at Metropolitan Park at 6 pm on Friday and 5 pm Saturday.
- Theatre your thing? After Ashley, a dark comedy produced by the Atlantic Beach Experimental Theatre, is at the Adele Grage Cultural Center Friday and Saturday nights at 8 through the end of the month. $15 cash or check only.
To see daily events, click on the Continue Reading link.
Friday, May 11th –
- Congratulations Graduates! Come to the Coastal Law Graduation Open House from 5:30 to 7:30 and bring your family. Of course the library will be open!
- Celebrate National Public Gardens Day at the Jacksonville Zoo! From 10 am to 4 pm, the zoo will have a scavenger hunt, garden tours and garden information.
- Remember how cool it was in high school to go see the laser shows at the planetarium? Just me? Well trust me, it’s cool! At MOSH (the Museum of Science and History), you can see the Beatles at 7pm, U2 at 8, Led Zeppelin at 9, or Metallica at 10. $5 per show, and $1 for laser glasses!
Saturday, May 12th –
- Congratulations graduates! The Coastal Law Spring Commencement is at the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena at 3pm. Please note, Matthews Bridge is scheduled to be closed from 7 pm Friday until 6 am Sunday, so please plan your route accordingly.
- Bicycle registrations are available that The Bike Shop in Jacksonville Beach from 8 am to noon with a valid ID. Call 904.247.4004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Riverside Arts Market (RAM) is back in full swing under the Fuller Warren Bridge from 10 am to 4 pm.
Sunday, May 13th –
- It’s Mother’s Day! Take a moment and call your mom or mom-substitute, she’ll be glad to hear from you.
- Pops at the Beach is a free concert by the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra at 7:30 at the SeaWalk Pavilion in Jacksonville Beach.