Winners of the Rename the CYBERSCRIPT Contest
The winners of the Rename the CYBERSCRIPT Contest are Priscilla Justiniano and Katherine (Katy) Donaldson with the suggestion of the “Library’s Latest.” The new name will start with volume 12 in August.
Here are our winners with their prizes.
Runners up with other great suggestions were Andrew Ricker, Hunter Whaley, Shakuwra Shaw, Stefano Portigliatti, Megan Becker, and Kimberly Morant. Thank you to everyone who submitted suggestions!!
The Library Hours are kept up to date each day on the Library Homepage. The Reference Desk hours and the future hours of the Library including intersession and Memorial Day weekend are posted at http://www.fcsl.edu/ltc/ltc-hours.
- ALWR Research Workshops;
- Researching Statutes Workshops;
- Advanced Bluebooking for Memos Workshops;
- Earplugs by request during midterms, ask at the Circulation Desk.
Library Spring Break Hours (March 8th -17th)
Friday (8th) 7:30am – 6:00pm
Saturday (9th) 10:00am – 6:00pm
Sunday (10th) 10:00am – 6:00pm
Monday (11th) 10:00am – 6:00pm
Tuesday (12th) 10:00am – 6:00pm
Wednesday (13th) 10:00am – 6:00pm
Thursday (14th) 10:00am – 6:00pm
Friday (15th) 10:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday (16th) 10:00am – 6:00pm
Sunday (17th) Regular Hours
- Secondary Sources Research Workshops;
- Special Library Hours for Presidents’s Day Weekend:
Library Presendents’ Day Weekend Hours (February 15th -18th)
Friday (15th) 7:30am – 8:00pm
Saturday (16th) 10:00am – 8:00pm
Sunday (17th) 10:00am – 10:00pm
Monday (18th) 9:00am – 10:00pm
Reference Desk Presidents’s Day Weekend Hours (February 15th -18th)
Friday (15th) 9:00am – 4:00pm
Saturday (16th) 10:00am – 3:00pm
Sunday (17th) Noon – 6:00pm
Monday (18th) 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Welcome Back!
- Please notice the Library Hours for the Martin Luther King Holiday Weekend posted here and below.
Library M.L.K. Weekend Hours (January 18th -21st)
Friday (18th) 7:30am – 8:00pm
Saturday (19th) 10:00am – 8:00pm
Sunday (20th) 10:00am – 8:00pm
Monday (21st) 10:00am – 10:00pm
Reference Desk M.L.K Weekend Hours (January 18th -21st)
Friday (18th) 9:00am – 4:00pm
Saturday (19th) 10:00am – 3:00pm
Sunday (20th) Noon – 6:00pm
Monday (21st) No Reference Service
Library Holiday Break Hours (December 19 – 21)
Wednesday (19th) 7:30am – 6:00pm
Thursday (20th) 10:00am – 6:00pm
Friday (21st) 10:00am – 2:00pm
The Library will participate in the Winter Graduation Open House. Congratuations to our new graduates!!!
Library Holiday Break Hours (December 22 – January 1)
Special Library & Reference Desk Hours for the Holiday Weekend:
Library Thanksgiving Break Hours
- Wednesday 7:30am – 8:00pm
- Thursday CLOSED
- Friday 10:00am – 8:30pm
- Saturday 10:00am – 8:30pm
- Sunday 10:00am – Midnight
Reference Desk Thanksgiving Break Hours
- Wednesday 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Thursday CLOSED
- Friday No Reference Service
- Saturday No Reference Service
- Sunday No Reference Service
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
In the Library this Week:
- Make-up Workshops announced later this week in the CYBERSCRIPT;
- Possible Noise from the Atrium on Thursday (7th) starting at 6:30pm;
- Veteran’s Day weekend hours
Friday 7:30am – 8:00pm
Saturday 10:00am – 8:00pm
Sunday 10:00am – 10:00pm
Monday 10:00am – 10:00pm.
If you have any tips on things to do in Jacksonville and surrounding areas, feel free to send them to me to be included in future posts.
Labor Day weekend and the unofficial end to summer! Be sure to check the library hours, as we will have reduced hours on Monday!
All weekend –
Friday, August 31st –
Saturday, September 1st –
- LPI Mandatory Basic Lexis Training;
- Possible noise from the atrium on Tuesday (28th), noon to 2pm;
- LPI Westlaw sign-up coming later in the week;
- Special Labor Day weekend hours.
The Library will have special hours for those studying for the MPRE. http://www.fcsl.edu/ltc/ltc-hours.
Studying for the MPRE
The Spring Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam (MPRE) is fast approaching (Friday, August 10th). Many of you are studying diligently for this important exam required by most states for Bar admission. The Library has materials to help you prepare!
Here are just a few:
- Professional Responsibility (Black Letter Series 2008, 7th ed.), KF306.Z9 R67 2008, Reserves.
- Professional Responsibility (Barbri bar review 2010), KF303 .B377 2010, Reserves.
- Professional Responsibility: Examples and Explanations (2011), KF306 .W46 2011, Reserves.
- Professional Responsibility (CrunchTime Series 2010), KF306.Z9 M65 2010, Reserves.
- Professional Responsibility (Sum & Substance 2004) [sound recording], KF305 .D54.2004 AV Reserves.
- Legal Ethics in a Nutshell (2007), KF306.Z9 R668 2007, Reserves.
- Questions & Answers: Professional Responsibility (2007), KF306.Z9 L66 2007, Reserves.
- Siegel’s Professional Responsibility: Essay and Multiple-Choice Questions and Answers (2009), KF306 .S54 2009 Reserves.
- Strategies & Tactics for the MPRE: Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam (2009), KF306.Z9 E46 2009, Reserves.
- Understanding Lawyers’ Ethics (2010), KF306 .F76 2010, Reserves.
GOOD LUCK to everyone taking the MPRE exam!