- Low Cost Legal Research Workshops;
– Make-up (Statutes, Shepards, Cases & Secondary Sources) Workshops;
– Navigating Lexis & Secondary Sources Training;
– Cases & Statutes in Lexis Training;
– Navigating Westlaw & Secondary Sources Training;
– Cases & Statutes in Westlaw Training;
– Hot Dog Wednesday hosted by the Library & IT;
– Pick up your new Coastal ID in the Atrium on Monday & Tuesday from 10am-2pm;
– Possible noise from the Atrium on Tuesday & Thursday at noon.
As a Librarian, I try to keep up with new research tools. It has been hard before to see how cases are treated across jurisdictions, which can often be very helpful if arguing for a change in law. But not anymore! Lexis Advance has a great feature that lets you see how cases have been treated by other courts across jurisdictions and across years. Once you log into Lexis Advance (if you are having trouble with that, please contact any of the Librarians) just Shepardize a case. Go to Citing Decisions and choose Grid. Especially if you like to visualize what has happened to a case, this is a perfect resource.
Lexis has a great explanation of this feature, and other features of their Shepard’s service, in their information.
The Jenkins Law Library located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is over 200 years old, but don’t let its age cause you to think that it is just a relic of the past. The Jenkins Law Library is still going strong and makes available a wealth of legal research tools and resources. Students, solo-practitioners, and law firms can become members of the law library and take advantage of the many databases and resources available. Even if you are not a member of the Jenkins Law Library, the law library offers services that may be useful to attorneys, such as legal research, copying, Shepardizing or Keyciting cases, and document delivery. The Jenkins Law Library is a great low cost alternative to other well-known legal information providers.
- How to Shepardize (citators) Workshops;
– Basic Bluebooking (Memo Style) Workshops;
– Navigating and Secondary Sources in Westlaw Training;
– Cases and Statutes in Westlaw Training;
– Cost Effective Research in WestlawTraining;
– Lexis ALWR Help;
– Possible noise from the atrium on Thursday, 7pm-9pm.
- Make-up Workshops – Secondary Sources, Researching Cases & How to Shepardize (Citators);
– Possible noise from the Atrium on Friday, 7:00pm – 10pm;
– Hotdog Wednesday sponsored by the Library & IT, with dessert donations from Lexis & Westlaw.
In the Library this Week:
– Case Research Workshops;
– How to Shepardize (Citators) Workshops;
– Basic Bluebooking for Memos & Briefs Workshops (sign-up coming soon);
– Possible fumes and noise due to painting in the Library on Friday Morning.