If you are interested in practicing in the Clearwater/Pinellas County area and want to network and meet potential employers, colleagues and judges, Coastal students have been invited to participate in the 74th Annual Clearwater Bar Oyster Roast as a student volunteer.
The Oyster Roast is an event held annually by the Clearwater Bar Association where local attorneys and judges put aside the adversarial process, “kick off their shoes,” and enjoy food and drinks from local vendors. In addition to being a great time, it can be a unique opportunity for law students to socialize with practicing attorneys and judges.
This year, as they have in the past, they are inviting law students to attend for FREE (yes, free!) if they assist with the cleanup process. There are a limited number of volunteer spots available, so if this is something that you or your organization is interested in participating in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com as quickly as possible. as the volunteer spots will be given out on a first-come first-serve basis. Please include the following in your email.
- Name, address, and phone number;
- Your law school;
- Are you a student-member of the Clearwater Bar? (We encourage all student-volunteers to sign up for the Clearwater bar Association. There are no membership fees for student-members and this is a terrific way to connect with the local legal community)
- Are you available for cleanup on
- the night of the Oyster Roast (Saturday, March 23, 2013);
- the morning after the Oyster Roast (Sunday, March 24, 2013); or
They ask that you only offer to volunteer for time slots if you are genuinely able to attend, as they will be depending on your help.