Assistant Professor of Law
- Associate Attorney, in Two Practice Groups (Environmental Litigation & Mass Tort, Transnational Litigation and Foreign Judgments), Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, 2007-2011
- Judicial Clerk for Hon. Don Willett, Supreme Court of Texas, 2006-2007
- Assistant Professor of Writing, Department of Writing & Linguistics, Georgia Southern University, 2001-2003
- Assistant Professor of English, Department of English & Modern Languages, West Texas A&M University, 1998-2001
- Transnational Litigation
- Civil Procedure
- J.D. (With Honors; Order of the Coif), University of Texas School of Law, 2006
- Ph.D. in English (Lechner Fellow), Texas A&M University, 1998
- M.A. in English--Creative Writing, University of South Alabama, 1995
- B.A. in English--Creative Writing (Magna Cum Laude), University of South Alabama, 1992
TEACHINGS & SCHOLARSHIP
- International Civil Litigation
- Civil Procedure
- Licensed in California
- Admitted to Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and Central and Southern Districts of California
LAW REVIEW ARTICLES, NOTES, AND COMMENTS
- Jeff Todd, A Rhetoric of Warning Defects, 54 SOUTH TEX. L. REV. ___ (forthcoming Spring 2013).
- Jeff Todd, Phantom Torts and Forum Non Conveniens Blocking Statutes: Irony and Metonym in Nicaraguan Special Law 364, 43 U. MIAMI INTER-AM L. REV. 291 (2012).
- Jeff Todd, Undead Precedent: The Curse of a Holding “Limited to Its Facts”, 40 TEX. TECH L. REV. 67 (2007).
- Jeff Todd, Comment, Student Rights in Online Course Materials: Rethinking the Faculty / University Dynamic, 17 ALBANY L. J. OF SCI. & TECH. 311 (2007).
- Jeff Todd, Note, State University v. State Government: Applying Academic Freedom to Curriculum, Pedagogy, & Assessment, 33 J. COLLEGE & UNIV. LAW 387 (2007) (peer reviewed)
- Jeff Todd, E-Prescribing in a Changing Legal Environment, 12 RICHMOND J.L. & TECH. 2006 (2006).
OTHER SCHOLARLY ARTICLES
- Jeff Todd, Breaking Professional Boundaries: What the MacCrate Report on Lawyering Skills and Values Means for TPC Programs, 38 J. TECH. WRITING & COMM’N 241 (2008).
- Jeff Todd, A Burkean Rhetoric for Satire, 21 THALIA: STUDIES IN LITERARY HUMOR 39 (2004).
- Jeff Todd, Teaching the History of Technical Communication: A Lesson with Franklin & Hoover, 33 J. TECH. WRITING & COMM’N. 65 (2003).
- Jeff Todd, The (Dis)Continuous History of Letter Writing, 66 CCTE STUDIES 73 (2001).
- Jeff Todd, Burkean Invention in Technical Communication, 30 J. TECH. WRITING & COMM’N. 81 (2000).
- Jeff Todd, Lapham—The Mineral Paint Man, 12 ANQ 19 (Fall 1999).
- Jeff Todd, A Longinian Concept & Methodology for Technical Communication, 7 TECH. COMM’N. Q. 175 (1998).
- Jeff Todd, Ahab & the Glamour of Evil: A Burkean Reading of Ritual in Moby-Dick, 33 PAPERS LANG. & LITER. 3 (1997).