Coastal Law Off-Campus Housing
The Flats at Kernan is our official law school housing partner.* Beginning with our incoming Fall 2012 class, Coastal Law will be offering dedicated off-campus housing for law students at the Flats. Students in our endorsed housing will have the opportunity to live together with buildings and facilities dedicated and customized to the needs of law school students.
This newly-offered housing option includes:
- All-inclusive, per-room leases: Your rental rate includes, cable, internet, and an electric and water allowance. For a furnished unit it also includes bed, side table, dresser, desk & chair, living room and dining room furniture (including 42” flat screen TV)
- Students may lease a room in their choice of furnished or unfurnished 2 and 3 bedroom units each with private baths and separate locks
- In-unit full laundry, full kitchen, dining and communal living spaces
- Full clubhouse and amenities (fitness center, community room, billiards, two pools, basketball court and more)
- Gated community
- Specialized roommate matching services tailored to law students
- Specially designated buildings leased only to law students or post-graduate students
- Special events and support specifically for law students
- Online payment system
- Pets allowed
- Dedicated areas of the business center and study rooms for the exclusive use of law or graduate students during specified time periods
- Special links and resources for parents
- Only a 10-15 minute drive from campus and located in an area convenient to many area amenities.
The Flats at Kernan has been a member of the Crime Free Multi Housing program and is eco-friendly. The community’s passive solar design dramatically reduces the residences’ requirement for active heating and cooling systems and high-efficiency lighting and minimized water usage features also help to conserve resources. The Flats is managed by Ambling Management Company, a national-recognized student housing management company.
For more information about The Flats, including amenities, photos, floor plans and directions, see www.theflatsatkernan.com.
Important Priority Housing Information! Priority will be given to incoming first year students up to the first 60 beds (first full building). Second and third-year students may be waitlisted until that threshold is met or June 1st, whichever comes first. Contact The Flats Law School Liaison at (904)288-7799 or email HRood@vestcor.com to sign up for notifications.
Every attempt will be made to match students with other law students and in the majority of cases this will be possible. However, the longer you wait to deposit, your chances decrease that all of your roommates will be law students so we strongly suggest that you deposit by June 15th.
Currently, our law school endorsed housing option cannot accommodate or children. Click here for other resources provided for your assistance.
*The Flats at Kernan is independent of and not owned or managed by Florida Coastal School of Law. Issues or disputes regarding rental rates, availability, services, management, facilities, roommates, utilities, security or other related subjects should be taken up with The Flats according to the terms of your individual lease and any internal resolution process.