If you have any tips on things to do in Jacksonville and surrounding areas, feel free to let us know on our Facebook page!
If you want to know the weather report this weekend, take a look here and plan accordingly. There is lots to do this weekend and here are just a few ideas:
Friday, August 3rd, Saturday, August 4th, & Sunday August 5th
- LEND ME A TENOR The Limelight Theatre stages Ken Ludwig’s musical farce about two rival opera singers at 7:30 p.m. on Aug. 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17 and 18 and at 2 p.m. on Aug. 5, 12 and 19 at 11 Old Mission Ave., St. Augustine. Tickets are $25; $22 for seniors; $20 for military and students. 825-1164. http://limelight-theatre.org/
- JACKIE KNIGHT’S COMEDY CLUB Rob Holloway and Red appear at 8:30 p.m. on Aug. 3 and 4 at 3009 N. Ponce de Leon Blvd., St. Augustine. Tickets are $8 and $12. 461-8843. http://thegypsycomedyclub.com/new_page_2.htm
- GOD’S FAVORITE Amelia Community Theatre stages the Neil Simon comedy at 8 p.m. on Aug. 2, 3 and 4, 9-11 and 16-18, and at 2 p.m. on Aug. 12 at 207 Cedar St., Fernandina Beach. Tickets are $20; $10 for students. 261-6749.
- Pot Goes the Musical! Players by the Sea sets the dangers of marijuana to music.“Reefer Madness The Musical” is staged at 8 p.m. on July 20, 21, 26, 27, 28 and Aug. 2, 3, 4, 9, 10 and 11 at Players by the Sea, 106 N. Sixth St., Jax Beach. General admission is $25. 249-0289. http://www.playersbythesea.org/performances/reefer-madness
- Like comedy? Go check out Mad Cowford Improv Comedy! Show starts at 8:15 and the cost is only $5. Get there easrly since this is their six year anniversary show and it is always popular!
Saturday, August 4th
- The Jacksonville Landing Enjoy free live music in the Courtyard by Spanky the Band from 8 p.m. – 1 a.m. Catch live music on the riverfront stage in the Courtyard every Friday and Saturday night. http://www.jacksonvillelanding.com/events/live-music-spanky-the-band-10?on=2012-08-04
Sunday August 5th
- Reggae on the River is back and The Jacksonville Landing is the place to be to wrap up the weekend. The hottest reggae bands will take over the riverfront stage on the first Sunday of every month in the summer. Chillakaya will take the Courtyard stage from 5 – 9 p.m. http://www.jacksonvillelanding.com/events/reggae-on-the-river-2?on=2012-08-05
- LOUDERPALOOZA 2012: AMMO, FFN, BOOGER, POOR RICHARDS, TOE IN THE TRIGGER, POWERBALL, XGEEZER, THE PINZ, SICKSICKSICKS and SHATTERMAT The noise starts at 7 p.m. on Aug. 5 at Burro Bar, 100 E. Adams St., Jacksonville. 353-4686.
Saturday, August 4th, 2012 Markets
Mandarin Farmers Market
Mandarin: San Jose / Old St. Augustine Rd
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Riverside Art Market (RAM)
Downtown Jacksonville: Under Fuller Warren Bridge
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Sunday, August 5th, 2012 Markets