Any student wishing to withdraw from all classes prior to the start of the term should notify the school immediately. Students who withdraw prior to or during the add/drop period will receive a full refund of tuition and fees, less the non-refundable seat deposit. Students must complete an official Change of Status form and obtain approval by an academic dean. A withdraw becomes official on the date that the Registrar receives a completed withdraw form.
After the add/drop date, refunds or credits on balances due for students who have withdrawn are based on tuition and fees only (acceptance deposits are non-refundable). If a student withdraws before completing 20% of the semester, based upon the percentage of the enrollment period the student attended before withdrawing, a 20% refund of tuition and fees may be granted due to:
- an incapacitating illness of such duration or severity, as confirmed in writing by a physician, that the completion of the semester is impossible
- student’s call to active military duty
- death of a member of the student’s immediate family (parent, spouse, child or sibling)
If a student withdraws after completing 20% of the semester, there will be no refund or credit of tuition and/or fees Under Any Circumstances.
Order of Refunds for Students with Financial Aid
Refunds due to students who are receiving Student Financial Assistance funds will be made in the following order:
- Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans;
- Subsidized Federal Stafford Loans;
- Other Assistance Awarded by Title IV of the HEA
- Other Federal, State, Private or Institutional Assistance
- The Student